I am a Full Professor at Université Côte d'Azur. Since September 2019, I joined i3S lab (UMR 7271 CNRS / UNS) and Polytech Nice Sophia school. I am a member of the Modelisation, Simulation & Neurocognition group of SPARKS team.
Before joining Universté Côte d'Azur, I was an Associate Professor at Université de Lille from 2007 to 2019, with the Computer Science department of l'IUT 'A', and CRIStAL lab (UMR 9189 CNRS / Univ. Lille).
My main research interest is in the use of Spiking Neural Networks for Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. I belive that the so-call third generation of neural network models, strongly inspired from biology and neurosciences, is a good candidate for a paradigm change in machin learning with respect to data-hungry and power-hungry popular methods. Spiking networks show many interesting features for this paradigm change, such as their unsupervised training with Spike-Timing-Dependant Plasticity rules, and their implementation on ultra-low-power neuromorphic hardware. And yet, a number of challenges lie ahead before they become a realistic alternative for facing the ever-growing demand in machine learning.
I am the coordinator of the CHIST-ERA european programme APROVIS3D (1/4/2020-31/3/2023).
Regarding teaching, I am involved in several classes in Polytech Nice Sophia in 3rd and 4th years, and also in the Mater of Mathematical Engineering, in Mod4NeuCog, in the CS department of IUT. I am taking responsible for the Data Science track of the EIT Digital Master School.
1. Open position for a fully funded PhD position (until June 14, 2020)
Spiking neural networks for event-based stereovision
- Conext: CHIST-ERA european project (more information here)
- Topic: Spiking Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Event Cameras.
- Information and application: send me an email before June 14, 2020.
2. Open position for a PhD application through EDSTIC/DS4H (until May 10, 2020 -- too late)
Neuromorphic Visual Odometry for Intelligent Vehicles with a Bio-inspired Vision Sensor
- Conext: EDSTIC/DS4H PhD programm (more information here)
- Topic: Visual Odometry, Computer Vision, Event Cameras, Spiking Neural Networks.
- Information and application: send me an email before May 10, 2020.
3. Open position for a PhD application for Chinese students though Polytech Network and China Scholarship Council (until March 31 -- too late)
Towards Spike-Based Machine Learning
- Topic: Spiking Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Spike-Timing-Dependant Plasticity.
- Context: CSC PhD scholarship for Chinese students (more information here)
- Information and application: send me an email before March 31, 2020.
Laboratoire d'Informatique, Signaux et Systèmes de Sophia-Antipolis (I3S) - UMR7271 - UNS CNRS
2000, route des Lucioles - Les Algorithmes - bât. Euclide B 06900 Sophia Antipolis - France