DB-TMR contains 40672 transmembrane regions of 9392 transmembrane proteins automatically extracted from the SwissProt database. Each transmembrane segment is described in one record containing:
- the access code of the sequence containing the segment (ID line),
- the organism classification (OC lines),
- the length of the transmembrane region,
- the direction of the transmembrane when it can be deducted thanks to the keywords 'CYTOPLASMIC' and 'EXTRACELLULAR' of the feature table,
- the amino-acid letters of the five-residue extension outside the transmembrane for the N and C-terminal side,
- the amino-acid letters of the residues located inside the transmembrane.